Saturday, March 13, 2010

NEW RESIDENT AUTHOR.............

I am very excited to share the news...Monica Merkel is now our Resident Author. She will be writing tales about new Collections and the adventures of Tilda and Edwin.

A Story from Tilda’s Diary

The rain is making a pinging sound as it bounces off the window outside of Tilda’s kitchen. The weathermen had said rain for two days and now three days have passed without any sign of letting up. Tilda has become restless and she walks around her table for the umpteenth time. She has made pies, homemade jam that she put in her special lace jars. She was even thinking about making one of her special 3 layer cakes or cupcakes or muffins----anything to take her mind off of this rain. Stop, she said to herself if I keep this up, I’ll be as big as a house in no time. Tea, I’ll have a cup of tea she thought, I love tea.

As Tilda sits at her table drinking her tea, her eyes wander over to her hutch where she has placed some of her larger lace jars. Ah, they look so nice, blueberry jam and peach jam, who would she give them to? As she is thinking about this, she notices one of her drawers on the bottom is not closed all the way. She goes over to the hutch and tries to push it in, darn she thought, something must have gotten lodged behind it. She sits on the floor and pulls the drawer completely out and almost has to lay on the floor to look to see what is blocking it from closing. A book !! Tilda puts her arm all the way in and grabs the book, why it is my lost diary she thought. Putting the drawer back, she goes over to the table to finish her tea and starts to look through her diary.

Tears are now in Tilda’s eyes as she reads her diary. She had found what she wrote about her Easter last year with Edwin. The pages have become blurry from the moisture in her eyes and a single tear drops onto the page. Softly and lovingly she wiped the tear drop from the page as she read:

April 12, 2009

Dear Diary,

It is Easter Sunday and I am waiting for my best friend, Edwin to come and get me. We are going to the Easter parade and then an egg hunt . Edwin has already told me that he will get the biggest egg again this year!! We’ll see. I have to go now Dear Diary, he is here and he looks so cute, he has on his overhauls and is carrying an empty basket!! He is yelling for me now, so I have to go and I will write and tell you all about it when I get home. Signed Tilda.

Dear Diary,

I had such a wonderful day. Everything was perfect, just hope I’m not too tired to write it all down. When Edwin first saw me, he really laughed and said “Now Tilda, you’re really not going to wear that chicken outfit are you?” I kidded with him and told him I had a bunny one and he said no way—he told me to dress normal. We both laughed and I ran and changed.

All the things that we did Dear Diary, will be with me forever. I wore my pretty new dress with the apron and everyone said I looked beautiful. I forgot my basket, so I used my apron to hold the eggs I collected. At one point, Edwin said I looked pretty and put a flower in my hair too. Then all of a sudden, one of the eggs started to hatch and a new baby chick was born. Edwin took my picture, but my flower had fallen from my head and I was upset. Edwin told me not to worry; he would get me something else. I am glad I brought extra clothes with me, because there was an egg painting contest and I won Dear Diary, I won!! Then they had an egg hatching contest with large plastic egg like shells, we laughed and laughed and had so much fun. We played over by the lambs and Edwin told me that I looked like a shepherd. I think that was a good thing Dear Diary.

The day was coming to an end, the parade was exciting and I had so much fun. We all played games and climbed on the new spring fence that was built for the parade as the rooster chased us and we laughed and laughed. It was time to go home and Edwin told me to wait a minute and ran off in a hurry. When he came back, he gave me a spring bundle of flowers. “Happy Easter Tilda, this is for the flower that you lost from your hair” he said to me. Edwin is always full of surprises and guess what Dear Diary; he did find the biggest egg again this year! All the things that he does could never compare with how big his heart is. I am going to place one of my flowers here with you Dear Diary to keep it safe for me.

Good night Dear Diary, signed Tilda

Tilda was still holding the dried flower in her hand as she finished reading her Easter story. With a deep breath, she carefully replaced the flower in her diary and thought about how lucky she was to have Edwin in her life. She wipes away her last joyful tear and smiles.

The rain didn’t seem so bad now, maybe she would give Edwin a call and see if he wanted to come over and have some pie with her.

Monica

20 comments:

Patti Jo said...

Oh my goodness what a fantastic story! Monica is a wonderful story teller, I could picture all the little scenes as I was reading!
Congratulations Monica! What fun it will be to look forward to all your coming tales of new collections!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Monica, what a beautiful story! Congratulations for becoming our new resident author! Very exciting news and I can't wait for more!

Hugs,
Barb

michele hileman said...

Great story. I can't wait for more stories

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

OMGosh Monica...........what an enchanting story. I could just imagine Tilda & Edwin at the parade. What a wonderful story teller you are. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Can't wait to see what Tilda is up to next.
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Wow what a fun idea. Monica you write beautifully. I look forward to keeping up with your stories.

In Christ, Melissa M

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh, what a lovely story and so full of fun facts that you can picture it as you read. Fantastic job Monica, I can't wait to read what Tilda is up to next.

Unknown said...

Wonderful story telling! More please, and quickly!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Monica, What a great idea to tell Tilda's and Edwin's story in Diary form. Who didn't have a diary growing up, just stuffed with feelings and dreams and adventures. Great work and what a wonderful story.

Only By His Grace said...

What a lovely story. I got really engrossed in it. Congratulations Monica on your Land of Magnolia win. I can't wait to see what you did. If it is half as good as this story it will be worth the read. I love this idea and congratulations too on being the resident author.
Hugs Marion (Aust).

Sharon Caudle said...

What a wonderful story, Monica! A huge congrats to you for becoming our resident author! Fabulous job!
hugs!
Sharon

Kerry said...

Oh Monica, what a delightful story! You are wonderful - you should be writing children's books! I loved Tilda's day today, it was so easy to picture. Thanks and can't wait for the next. Congratulations on becoming the Resident Author. Kerry Peasland

Candy said...

What a wonderful story Monica! What fun it was to read. I can't wait for more.....
Congratulations on being the Resident Author of Magnolia Land :o)
Hugs, Candy

Eulanda said...

Awww I just loved this story!! Congrats on becoming the Magnolia author. I look forward to more stories!

Angelwood said...

That is a lovely story. You have quite a talent! I realy enjoyed reading that and can't wait to read more. Hopefully we'll see illustrations? hugs, Angela

Cissy said...

Congratulations!!!!! Wonderful story!!!!

Hugs,
~Cissy

Jane said...

Congratulations and what a great story! I just loved it! Can't wait for more! I know they'll all be great!

Cami said...

Wow Monica, your story is just wonderful and filled with great imagination in the land of Magnolia! I could visualize the scenes as you described the events. Can't wait to read more of your stories for each collection! Very entertaining, well written, and better than alot of fantasy children's books I've looked at! This is for us adults! Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Wonderful dairy Monica. It really did hook me to keep reading it. Love this cute story and you are such a great writer :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Wow that was amazing! I could almost feel like I was walking along with Tilda and Edwin at the fair! I could just see Tilda's lightly colored dress and the flower Edwin had so kindly given her. Your story was very cute!