Sunday, April 18, 2010

" MAGICAL FAIRYTALE"

Our RESIDENT STORY WRITER, MONICA MERKEL brings us another wonderful tale about the new FAIRYTALE COLLECTION that has just been released.


                                     Magical Fairytale

Tilda is busy in her kitchen, preparing her picnic basket with enough food for her and Edwin to take on their trip. Edwin is in charge of all their outdoor supplies including the tent. They have gone on many adventures before, but this one is sure to prove to be the most exciting---they have heard of the stories from within the deep forest…….

“Tilda, I think you are pouting” said Edwin. “Well, yes I think I am, my feet hurt and I’m tired” snapped Tilda. Some adventure we are having thought Tilda, we walked all day yesterday making our own trail in these dark woods, then camped in the tiniest tent ever made and he had the nerve to wake me up when the birds started singing this morning, for what—more walking? Where are all those fairies and magical dandelions? “Alright, go sit on one of those logs over there and I will start setting up the tent, it is beginning to get dark now anyway” said Edwin. “Maybe all the stories we were told as children about the fairies capturing people and putting spells on them isn’t true” she said to Edwin. “Now don’t let your imagination go wild Tilda, just relax while I set the tent up” said Edwin as he gave her a wink.

As Tilda sat watching Edwin, she felt uneasy, like someone or something was watching them. She could hear Edwin humming; she started to yell over to him, and realized it wasn’t Edwin at all. She held her breath, her heart started pounding faster and faster, she tried to move and couldn’t. Oh Edwin she thought, turn around and look at me!!! The sound was getting louder and closer to her,—ribbet, ribbet,ribbet—it sounded like little ones and a large one. The leaves behind her made a faint rustling sound as the ribbets got closer. “Edwinnnn” she yells with a cracked voice. Edwin was at her side in a flash, “what is it Tilda, what is wrong—are you sick or did something bite you’? asked Edwin. “No Edwin, no” she said as she starting laughing and shaking, “but they are coming”. Tilda points up to the trees as the most beautiful butterfly seem to float directly down to them and is joined by a stream of butterflies and dragonflies, all sizes and colors. The fluttering of their wings is like listening to an orchestra. They are still standing in awe of the sight when 3 frogs jump out from behind the log. They both looked down to see the creature’s ribbeting and looking up at them. Tilda looks at Edwin and she notices a larger butterfly directly behind him. Edwin turns his head; the butterfly is shaped like a mini Tilda with wings. “My name is Mini, do not be afraid”, she said in a tiny voice “we have been watching over you for a day now and I have come to help you on your journey.” “Before we go, I want you to meet my sister, Fairydust and she will help”. “How?” said Edwin. “I will blow some of my fairy dust on you, and all the images that you see will be of you or Tilda—do not be afraid” said Fairydust as she blew the dust on them.

The butterflies and dragonflies surround Tilda and Edwin and carry them off with the fairies. The fairies clear a path through some covered shrubs leading down a hidden path in the forest. There is a magical glow ahead and the trees have been replaced with rows and rows of beautiful fantasy flowers in an array of colors. In the distance, they see rolling hills with a rainbow and a path. “Look Tilda” yells Edwin “the magic dandelions are along the path and they are moving”. “Oh Edwin” giggles Tilda, “that is because the frogs are chasing the snails through them”. Up ahead they see another fairy sitting on a mushroom.”Hi, you can call me Magic, and I have come to take you to the castle”. “I am wearing this crown on my head waiting for Prince Phillip the Frog to come so I can kiss him”. With that being said, she waves her wand and in an instant they are on steps leading up to the castle.

They are met at the bottom of the staircase by a Bubbling Tilda fairy blowing bubbles of assorted colors. “Welcome” she said in a soft voice, “have a sit in the armchair, our parade is starting in your honor”. Edwin and Tilda sit in amazement as they watch the most beautiful “Tilda Fairies” descend from the castle atrium down the stairwell to meet them. Dancing Tilda, Mid Summer Tilda, Ballerina Tilda and then Lady Tilda. Lady Tilda stopped to tell Edwin that there is a special surprise for him coming down the stairs ---Prince Edwin and behind him, Sherwood Edwin. Oh the fun they had that night and into the next day playing games, singing and exploring the castle and the Fairy Land with their new friends. They were playing hide and seek with Elf Tilda when a new beautiful fairy appeared. “I am called Spellcaster; I have come to take you home. You must not be gone too long, or people will come looking for you” she said ever so gently. Everyone came to say their goodbyes and to give hugs. Fairydust Tilda gave Edwin a hug and put some fairy dust in his hand telling him that it will help him find his way back to them. She hugged Tilda and whispered in her ear as she placed the dust in her hand also. Spellcaster waved her wand; Tilda and Edwin were back at their tent.

Edwin and Tilda sat by the fire that they built and talked about their adventure and how they would keep it to themselves and not tell anyone so that the Fairy people would be safe. Tilda thinks about what Fairydust whispered to her “Some people think we are just mystical but as long as you believe, we will be here.”

13 comments:

joanne said...

Awesome story telling.I think these little stories are something we need to keep our minds fertile.Way to go!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Monica! What a delightful story! You wove the delicious tale so beautifully together...what fun!
Hugs,
Barb

Candy said...

Oh Monica, what a beautiful story you have told us once again. I just love reading them!! Yes, they certainly keep our minds busy imagining ways to make cards to go with them.
Thank you so much!
Hugs, Candy

Patti Jo said...

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!!! What a great story! So easy to "picture" all the characters the way you describe things. Terrific job Monica, your tales are so fun to read! Thank you for sharing them!

Only By His Grace said...

Oh Monica your stories are exquisite. I love this story and can't wait to get my spring collection with the tiny Tilda fairy. Your stories really cheer me up and I look forward to reading each one.
Hugs Marion

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

sorry hun i'm just getting here.Oh Patti jo said it PERFECTLY LOL!!I was laughing so hard! I BELIEVE TOO LOL!!! she's so sweet((smiling)) What a story what a story! I can't wait to read the winning story of Land of Magnolia! I could understand by reading all your latest stories why you won.I enjoy reading your tales.RubyM:)

Charlotte said...

I loved your story. You do such a great job telling your stories using the Tilda and Edwin stamps. Looking orward to the next one.
Angeluver2

stampinglyn said...

What a delightful story. It's not difficult to be wisked along for the ride with these charming characters and the way you portray them. You should be writing children's books.
Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

love your story and writing.
can't wait for next one!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this story. It really brings Tilda and Edwin to life. You've given them so much character. Now what happens next....

laurcuff said...

I love reading your stories. Among slipping me into their world of fairy tales it brings me hope that one day I will be Tilda and I will find Edwin to be my friend and share all these wonderful journies with throughout my life. Well I hope one day soon!!! Keep up the good stories that keep me filled with hope and smiling everytime I read them and always want more...

xo

Cherri said...

You've done a splendid job and I can hardly wait to get my hands on my stamps and start creating a scene or two right from the pages of your story! Thank you for taking me to your magical hideaway, it was a trip well worth the taking!

charlene said...

Your story is so sweet. You have a given talent for sure I bet you would be a great novel writer. thanks for keeping things fun for us.